Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Introduction

As I begin this blog I am two short years into this, and so I must go back a bit before I go forward. First of all, I am not an expert. What I * am * is a woman with a deep seated sense of wanting and needing to give so much more of myself within a relationship where the balance of power is unequal.


I will refer to myself as a slave and my dominant as Master. Try not to let yourself get caught up in the standard meaning of those titles. I give myself willing to his control being fully aware of the implications. I will go over all of these things in detail and my view and take on these and more as this blog develops.


At this moment and time I stand on the precipice of possibly offering myself and accepting my first real life collar. It’s been a journey with many different paths and I would be lying if I did not admit that many times I took two steps back to go forward, or that there have not been blind alleys where I could not see what was supposed to come next. There have been times of great emotional pain but mostly sheer joy. A slave does not go deeper into her submission without digging up old wounds. It’s a difficult process but the rewards outweigh the detriments.


So, how does a person enter into this world of D/s (Dominant/submissive)? Let’s face it, it can be very intimidating for a submissive type personality to expose herself into the realm of BDSM, and these groups while they are welcoming are also secretive and extremely protective. Not without good reason, mind you. The misinformation in the “vanilla” world (the perceived culture norm) is astounding.The best way of course would be to already know someone that is in the lifestyle. That was not an option for me, and being an unowned uncollared slave had me feeling unprotected and vulnerable.


And let me be clear on this. Accepting a dominant’s collar is the last act of free will of the slave. To me it is more powerful than an exchange of marriage vows and rings. That choice of owner must be done very carefully and never on whim.


I chose to begin by entering an online forum hoping to be able to test the waters in a safer way and possibly meet real Dominants and take those connections into real life. Do not put down this type of experience. Life is really all about how much you are willing to put into it and not all of us can begin by walking in the front door of a BDSM group dungeon ready to explore and submit on that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment